Monday, June 10, 2013

Discovery of the Soul


Over the past 28 years, I've struggled with the ideas of souls, spirits and the afterlife. I recently began believing in inner energy but could never understand the place of souls within my own "big picture". I think today, my interpretation of the meaning of a soul has changed.

I took a step back from the ideas of anything that I’ve ever known about physical matter and consciousness and feel like I began to understand a new meaning. My belief in the soul is the same belief in the existence of a life force. There is a part of us that determines the essence of our being. There is a part of us that understands every possible force or pattern in the universe. I believe that there is proof of the existence of a soul when you consider something as simple as our perception of human significance.

I can try to explain this by considering the example of our egos and the amount of importance that we see in our own lives. Have you ever walked into an empty room or a large house and felt it’s emptiness? That feeling is brought on because we feel tiny in such a large space. Now, if you take that same idea and apply the concept to the scale of the universe, how tiny do you really feel in everyday life?

Our egos allow us to live our lives with our own selves at the center of the big picture. Even though we understand that we are just a tiny speck of a larger picture, we are all still able to exist and try to create a life of meaning. We know that we exist for a reason. We know that some things in life become really important to us. Thriving for existence is a common desire amongst every living being and it's because there is something within all of us that believes it's worth doing. It’s the same reason we feel the need to have children or create new things. We hope that we can imprint ourselves in this life so that we can find our way back after we reach the unknown.

This idea goes along well with the idea of reincarnation or rebirth. It's like we try to leave a mark in other people's lives because we want to make sure that its something we can rediscover again. In our lives we have the chance to make choices. We have the chance to make decisions that will directly affect the people around us. We can impact each other fully because we are all a part of the same existence.

The soul is the essence that will exist once this life is over. It is the essence that we feel when we try to consider our "true" selves. The energy that sparks life or our inner energy is the force that ties our souls to our physical vessels. It can even help explain why sometimes some of us don't always feel comfortable in our own skin. The only thing that matters is how we live and what we do while we are here. I think that we all strive to achieve transcendence whether we believe in anything or not.

In some way, shape or form, we will all eventually get to our goal. We just have to take everything in stride and make our current existence work for ourselves. We have to think outside the ego and really focus on what makes us whole. Keep your energy positive and strong and you will eventually find yourself down the path towards true heaven.

A place where you will want nothing and everything all at the same time. A place of complete balance. Our end goal: harmony.

1 comment:

  1. This blog post is such a wonderful reminder to me, that I should strive for balance, that I should use my positive energy and thoughts to disarm. Thank you for that! :)

    ReplyDelete