I’ve been having trouble being around people with negative energy and closed minds. I have to clarify what I mean by this because it can be interpreted in different ways. When I refer to negative energy, I am not referring to people who complain or someone who has to vent. I refer to the people who complain and don’t seek change. Some people are so blinded by fear that they refuse to open their minds to anything. The judgement that these people feel they have to pass onto others is really disruptive to be around. It has caused an imbalance in me today and left me feeling uneasy as I write this.
I found myself feeling kind of sad today. I realize how close minded some people who I hold close to my heart are. I want these people to succeed in life. I want these people to be happy. I do not try to change people because I believe that true change comes from discovery. It becomes hard for me though, when I have to listen to someone who is unhappy and unwilling to change or to open their minds. I haven’t quite figured out how I’m supposed to handle this yet.
I do not like feeling like I have to second guess myself. Being around close minded people has made me question my relationships and my sexuality lately. I won’t compromise who I am for any reason but its hard sometimes to feel comfortable spending time with someone who is opposed to a large part of your own life. Patience and time are the hardest things in life to wait around for. I know that my solution lies within a greater understanding and I will figure out how to deal with things in time.
My sadness comes from the fact that my only known solution is just to distance myself from these people for a while until I figure out a better plan of action for myself.
For now, I can love these people with a cautious heart and keep surrounding myself with people who recharge me. I am extremely grateful to the people who uplift my heart and re-balance my soul.
I understand what you mean!
ReplyDeleteI, on the other hand, prefer to be "clothes" minded!
It's what keeps me cheerful! :)